Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Note on the Despciable Me Minion

After extended research on the Internet, I have decided to name my first minion Carl based on hair, eye, and size. In the second movie, Carl is the minion who pretends he is a fire hydrant.

Carl is the first project I've designed. I've tweaked other patterns to fit my ends, but Carl was largely my own. I had great inspiration from All About Ami's crocheted minion.

The most helpful thing in this whole process was a book I got for Christmas from my sister, Knitting from the Center Out by Daniel Yuhas, which is a guide on circular knitting. The basic math of circular knitting was vital for me in designing Carl. His boots are based off the pattern "radmila's slippers." And of course, trial and error were large parts of Carl's design as well.

I plan to make a second minion with two eyes with which I plan to improve the first pattern. After that, I want to make smaller-sized minions. My obsession is not relenting :)

We recently went on a road trip and brought Carl along... here are some of my favorite shots.










2 comments: